Last Updated: November 1, 2018
HandyPro may be required to share your personal information in response to lawful by public authorities, including to meet national security and law enforcement requirements.
Links and Information
The Site contains links to other websites. Please review Section 11 of our Terms and Conditions, available athttp://HandyPro.com/page/termsandconditions, for more information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information. HandyPro collects Personal Information (i.e. data that allows someone to identify or contact you such as your name, address, geographic location of your computer or mobile device, telephone number, email address and bank account and other Financial Information) only if you voluntarily choose to share such information with HandyPro. However, in order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the HandyPro Platform, we may require that you furnish Personal Information. When you register your account, sign up for newsletters, complete forms for optional programs, surveys, contests and other entries, and through communications transmitted through HandyPro, applications and your use of the HandyPro mobile application, we collect information including your name, address, phone number and email address.
You also may choose to send HandyPro personally identifying information in an email message containing information or inquiries about the HandyPro Platform.
We may collect information from you during your use or access of the Platform, such as:
- When you register for an Account;
- When you participate in polls or surveys;
- When you enroll for electronic newsletters;
- When you request a quote or other information;
- When you submit or respond to a quote;
- When you make a purchase;
- When you fill out any forms;
- When you download pictures from "Platform"
- When you enter a sweepstakes or contest, or register for a promotion;
- When you transmit User Content;
- When you download or use one of our mobile applications; or
- When you otherwise communicate with us or other users through the Platform. Information from Affiliates, Social Networking Sites, and other Non-affiliated Third Parties
- The information you provide directly to us may concern you or others and may include, but is not limited to: (a) name; (b) zip code; (c) email address; (d) home or business telephone number; (e) home, business or mailing address; (f) demographic information (e.g., gender, age, political preference, education, race or ethnic origin, and other information relevant to user surveys and/or offers); (g) date of birth; (h) insurance information; (i) photographs; (j) information about your project, request or need; (k) video or audio files; (l) in certain circumstances, payment and/or identity verification information; and/or (m) any other content you include in communications with other users through the Platform or communications with us. It may also include information specific to services you are requesting or offering through the Platform, such as a business name, service description, qualifications and credentials. You are not required to provide us with such information, but certain features of the Platform may not be accessible or available, absent the provision of the requested information.
Cookies and Other Technologies. When you visit websites on the Internet, your browser may automatically transmit information to the websites you visit throughout every visit. Like many websites, we may use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We may utilize persistent cookies that only HandyPro can read and use to save your login information for future logins to the HandyPro Platform, to assist in processing items in your shopping basket, to hold session information, and to track user preferences. We may utilize session ID cookies to enable certain features of the HandyPro Platform, to better understand how you interact with the Site and to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on the HandyPro Platform, to track the number of entries in HandyPro promotions, sweepstakes and contests and to identify visited areas of the HandyPro Platform. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the HandyPro Platform and then close your browser. Third party advertisers on the Site may also place or read cookies on your browser and we may use Flash cookies (or local shared objects) to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on the Site to personalize your visit. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to use all portions or all functionalities of the HandyPro Platform.
We and our service providers may also use "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs," or similar means in connection with the HandyPro Platform and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Users and email recipients, to determine the success of marketing campaigns and to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. We may also engage one or more third party service providers to serve online advertisements on our behalf. They may use a “pixel tag” to collect information about your visits to the Site and to other websites, and they may use that information to target advertisements for goods and services. We will not share this information with third parties in a manner that personally identifies you except as provided herein.
The following table sets out the different categories of cookies that our Services use and why we use them. The lists of third party cookie providers are intended merely as illustrative not comprehensive:
Type of Cookie
Who Serves (for example)
These cookies (including local storage and similar technologies) tell us when you’re logged in, so we can customize your experience and connect your account information and settings.
These helps provide a localized experience by showing you your local metro area.
Site features and Services
Analytics and research
Things like cookies and pixels are used to deliver relevant ads, track ad campaign performance and efficiency. For example, we and our ad partners may rely on information gleaned through these cookies to serve you ads that may be interesting to you on other websites. Similarly, our advertisers may use a cookie, attribution service or another similar technology to determine whether we’ve served an ad and how it performed or provide us with information about how you interact with them. For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web-browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes.
Device Information. When you visit and interact with the HandyPro Platform, HandyPro may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of computer or mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your computer or mobile device, your operating system, the type of Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the HandyPro Platform (“Device Information”). We may use Device Information to monitor the regions from which Users navigate the Site and for security and fraud prevention purposes. Device Information may be personally identifying in some circumstances. Tools are available with the goal of anonymizing certain Device Information (like the TOR network), which are forbidden on the HandyPro Platform. While we respect your right to hide this information, we believe that doing so is in conflict with the spirit of our platform, and having an open and honest marketplace. When using such tools, you will not be able to use all portions or all functionalities of the HandyPro Platform.
HOW HANDYPRO USES THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use your information for any of the following reasons:
- For the purposes for which you provided it;
- To enable you to use the services available through the Platform, including registering you for our services and verifying your identity and authority to use our services;
- For customer support and to respond to your inquiries;
- For internal record-keeping purposes;
- To administer surveys, sweepstakes, promotions, or contests;
- To track fees and process billing and payment including sharing with third-party payment gateways and payment service providers in connection with the Platform;
- To improve and maintain the Platform and for product development;
- To address fraud or safety concerns, or to investigate complaints or suspected fraud or wrongdoing;
- To periodically send promotional emails regarding new products from HandyPro, special offers from HandyPro, or other information that may interest you;
- With your consent, to contact you by text message regarding certain services or information you have requested;
- With your consent, to contact you by telephone or text message regarding Platform features, improvements, or other products and services that may interest you;
- For HandyPro's market research purposes, including, but not limited to, the customization of the Platform according to your interests;
- To contact you about goods and services that may interest you or with information about your use of the Platform;
- For other research and analytical purposes; and
- To resolve disputes, to protect ourselves and other users of the Platform, and to enforce any legal terms that govern your use of the Platform.We may combine information that we collect from you through the Platform with information that we obtain from affiliated and nonaffiliated third parties, and information derived from any other products or services we provide.We may, either directly or through third parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, or analyze your communications with other users exchanged via the Platform or as otherwise described in this Policy for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we may scan and analyze messages to prevent fraud or improper actions. We may also scan, review or analyze messages for research and product development purposes, as well as to debug, improve and expand product offerings. By using the Platform or engaging in off-Platform communications tracked by HandyPro, you consent that HandyPro, in its sole discretion, may, either directly or through third parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, analyze, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
- We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Platform. We may use de-identified or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes and may also share such data with any third parties, including without limitation, advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others.
- We may display information related to your business, including your name or your business’s name, publicly on your profile, except to the extent we tell you we will not display such information. If the information you provide us upon signing up for an account differs from the information you provide us as part of the verification data we collect, we have sole discretion in determining which information will be displayed publicly on your profile.
Identity Verification. We may collect Personal Information, such as your date of birth, or taxpayer identification number, and address, to validate your identity or as may be required by law, such as to complete tax filings (“Identity Information”).
Financial Information. To help Craftsmen setup a payment account and help Clients make payments to Craftsmen and pay the Fees, we may collect financial information, including name, address, credit card number, bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information (“Financial Information”).
Location Information. When you visit the HandyPro Platform via a mobile application, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located within and display a location map to offer a better service for our Users. We will not share your current location with other users. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application.
Third Party Information. If you registered through a co-branded version of our HandyPro Platform through one our Partners (as defined below), they may provide us with basic information such as your name, address and purchase history related to your Task needs. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, payment information, or fraud detection information, from third party Agents (as defined below) and combine it with other information that we have about you. Finally, HandyPro works with third party agents to perform identity checks and criminal background checks on Craftsmen, and we receive information from them such as publicly available information about their criminal history.
Public Areas. You may have the opportunity to create a profile, which consists of information about you, and may include Personal Information, photographs, work history, skills, hourly pay rates, feedback/rating information and other information, including your username (“Profile”). The information in your Profile may be visible to all Users and the general public subject to the privacy choices you make within your Profile. If you choose to post a Task via the HandyPro Platform, the contents of such listing will be publicly viewable.
HandyPro's Use of Personal Information
HandyPro uses Personal Information (including Identity Information and Financial Information) and non-Personal Information for the following general purposes:
- To operate and make available the HandyPro Platform,
- to connect Craftsmen and Clients and facilitate transactions and payments,
- for billing, identification and authentication, and fraud prevention,
- to analyze Site usage and improve our products and the HandyPro Platform,
- to contact you and deliver administrative notices, marketing notifications and offers and communications relevant to your use of our products and the HandyPro Platform via email, SMS, push notifications, or otherwise,
- to provide you with customer support,
- for internal market research, troubleshooting problems, and detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity,
- to enforce our Terms of Service, and
- as otherwise set forth in the Policy.
Analytics and Market Research. HandyPro may analyze Personal Information and web navigational data based on your interests and may use the analysis from this information in a way that doesn’t reveal a User’s Personal Information (“Market Research”) in order to market the HandyPro Platform, improve the likelihood of a sale to a group of Users, and increase the likelihood that a group's experience with the HandyPro Platform is relevant to its interests as a whole.
HandyPro uses data at the individual level to sell products and services to Users who express an interest in these products and services, through a poll for example, or to Users who can be presumed to have an interest based on results from our Market Research.
Cell Phone Numbers. HandyPro may use your cell phone number to call or text you in order to provide you notifications about tasks, for marketing purposes and to administer the HandyPro Platform. If you would like more information about our policy, or to opt out, please review below or Section 9 of our Terms of Service, available at http://HandyPro.com/page/termsandconditions. You may be liable for standard SMS and per-minute charges by your mobile carrier. HandyPro may also message you via “Push” messaging, which you can opt-out of on your mobile device. Data rates may apply.
You can opt out of receiving certain promotional communications from HandyPro sent via text message at any time by following the instructions provided in text messages from HandyPro to text the word, "STOP". Please note that your opt-out is limited to the phone number used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions. If you opt-out of only certain communications, other subscription communications may continue. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional communications, HandyPro may, subject to applicable law, continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or HandyPro’s ongoing business relations.
Financial Information. We use Financial Information solely as authorized by you in accordance with the HandyPro Platform. To keep your financial data secure, we do not store full credit card information on our servers. We have contracted with a third party to process your payment card information.
With Whom Does HandyPro Share Information?
Third Party Agents. To operate the HandyPro Platform, including processing your transactions, we may share your Personal Information with Our agents, representatives, contractors and service providers (“Agents”) so they can provide us with support services as follows:
- Email origination,
- Identity/background check requirements,
- Fraud detection,
- Receipt or support services,
- Customer relationship management services,
- Financial transaction fulfillment, and
- To otherwise help us provide the HandyPro Platform, including all the things described in the preceding section.
Other Users. As Authorized by your use of the HandyPro Platform, HandyPro facilitates contact between Users and reserves the right to share a User’s contact information with another User or their legal or other representative in order to facilitate the resolution of a dispute related to or arising from an interaction between two or more Users of the platform (e.g. phone number, or email and postal address).
Anonymous or Aggregated Data. HandyPro collects, stores and shares certain data about the use of the HandyPro Platform on an aggregate and/or anonymous basis. HandyPro does not link this information to anything personally identifiable to you if shared with third parties.
Legal Obligations HandyPro may disclose Personal Information or User Generated Content, including location data or communication data, to a third party if required to do so by law or pursuant to a warrant or subpoena. HandyPro reserves the right to disclose Personal Information from both private and public areas of the Site in the absence of a warrant or subpoena if we are given reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that someone is causing injury to or interference with the rights of Users, the general public, or HandyPro, to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
It is our policy to provide notice to Users before producing their information in response to law enforcement requests unless (i) we are prohibited by law or court order from doing so, (ii) we have reason to believe the User’s account has been compromised such that the notice would go to the wrong person, or notice would otherwise be counterproductive or would create a risk to safety, or (iii) it is an emergency request and prior notice would be impractical (in which case we may provide notice after the fact). Law enforcement officials who do not want their requests disclosed should provide an appropriate court order or process establishing that notice is prohibited, or provide sufficient detail for HandyPro to determine whether a request falls into one of the exceptions above.
Third Party Sites
As part of the functionality of the Site and the HandyPro Platform, you may link your HandyPro account with online accounts you may have with third party sites, such as Facebook. If you connect your account with one of these services, you may be giving such third-party services access to your Personal Information or Contact Data.
You may opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners, remove your information from our database, and choose to not receive future communications unrelated to the HandyPro Platform by cancelling your account; if you wish to do so, please contact us at https://www.handypro.com/request-an-estimate/.
During registration, you choose whether to receive marketing correspondence from either HandyPro or its partners and whether you want to participate in a variety of HandyPro programs. This information remains on your Profile where you can, at any point, easily edit it to indicate that you have changed your mind. After logging on, click on your profile on the top right of any page, then select “Notifications.” You may then click on "email alerts," and make your selections. If you purchase anything through HandyPro, we may occasionally contact you with information about special events, sales, activities, promotions, contests, submission opportunities and programs. You always have the option to ask HandyPro not to contact you with this information again.
If you receive unsolicited email from a HandyPro domain, please contact us at https://www.handypro.com/request-an-estimate/.
HandyPro's Information Retention Policy
To preserve the integrity of our databases, we may retain information submitted by Users for an indefinite length of time as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. If required by law, we will delete Personal Information by erasing it from our database. We will also respond to User requests to delete or correct account or Personal Information, which you can do by contacting HandyPro at https://www.handypro.com/request-an-estimate/.
User Generated Content
For each User seeking to provide task services via the HandyPro Platform (each, a “Tasker”) who has provided HandyPro with any videotape, film, record, photograph, voice, or all related instrumental, musical, or other sound effects, you consent to our use of these materials as User Generated Content in accordance with Section 14 of the Terms of Service, available at http://HandyPro.com/page/termsandconditions.
HandyPro’s Security of Collected Information
Your HandyPro account is password-protected so that only you and authorized HandyPro staff have access to your account information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. Also, if you share a computer, you should sign out of your HandyPro account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties.
HandyPro expressly disclaims any liability that may arise should any other individuals obtain the information you submit to the HandyPro Platform.
How Can Users Access and Edit Their Information?
HandyPro believes strongly in giving you the ability to access and edit your Personal Information. To update your Personal Information, click Login at the top of any page. There you can view, update and correct your account information. You may edit your account information at any time -- all you need is your username and password.
So that we can protect the integrity of sensitive data, there are certain pieces of information, such as your age, that you cannot alter yourself. For example, since children under 18 are not allowed to register as Users, we need to take reasonable measures to preserve the accuracy of our Users' ages. You have a right to access your personal information. Please contact us at privacy@HandyPro.com to find out how to access and change information you cannot access through your account.
Our databases automatically update any Personal Information you edit in your profile, or that you request we edit. Information transmitted through boards, chats, polls or through any other means remains in our databases and becomes the property of HandyPro upon submission.
Notification of Changes
Children’s Privacy and Note to Parents and Guardians
Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers in California to request certain details about how certain types of their information are shared with third parties and, in some cases, affiliates, for those third parties’ and affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business should either provide California customers certain information upon request or permit California customers to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing.
HandyPro may share personal information with third parties or affiliates for such third parties’ or affiliates’ own direct marketing purposes. California residents may obtain information about our compliance with this law by sending us an email or letter to the address specified in the “Contacting Us” section below. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that HandyPro is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided email address or mail address.
How Can I Reach HandyPro Staff?
If you have technical problems, questions or other issues related to your use of HandyPro, please click the link Contact Us on the home at the bottom of any page of the Site. You can also contact us at https://www.handypro.com/request-an-estimate/.
HandyPro's staff will respond to all requests sent through mail or email from Users and parents interested in knowing more about what personal information is stored on the HandyPro database, or if they want their personal information nullified, or have additional questions regarding privacy.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of the Site, or your dealings with the HandyPro Platform, you may contact us at https://www.handypro.com/request-an-estimate/.
"…wonderful job. We didn't think it could be repaired and we are very pleased." - Bill H.
"Fantastic job - better than the original installers!" - Vera Z.
"Another wonderful job." - Sara C.
"…not even finished with the job yet, and already I'm impressed!" - Dwayne P.
"Just completed the 3rd job for us - did a great job. Super!" - Eric R.
"…did a wonder job… cleaned up properly and did a great job. I'm very pleased." - Mary B.
"Just wanted you to know how pleased I am with the work you did - lovely job." - Cheryl A.
"...your group has really made a difference for that office.... so thank you. " - Sue G.